Most chiropractor appointments are the result of a specific chronic or acute issue that is causing the patient pain or discomfort. When these issues occur, patients run to their nearest chiropractic office for an appointment. While Dr. Pelphrey and his skilled team at Pelphrey Chiropractic in Lexington, KY can perform chiropractic techniques to help rid you of your pain or discomfort, a lifestyle change might help you prevent the issue from happening in the first place! Lifestyle changes are not meant to completely alter your life, but rather to help you improve your lifestyle so you can enjoy the activities you love most without any pain or discomfort!
Some popular ways to improve your lifestyle is by making simple changes and enriching the choices you make every day. In some situations, a patient may need to incorporate new activities or limit specific activities to prevent a condition or to help a condition to improve. Some popular choices that commonly help improve a person’s lifestyle include making healthy choices and providing enrichment in their life.
- Healthy Choices – A healthy lifestyle is linked directly to the choices that you make every day. When you make healthier choices, your body is overall healthier and happier.
- One easy way to improve your lifestyle is to drink more water. Water influences virtually every part of your body by regulating temperature, by transporting oxygen, nutrients, and waste to and from cells, and by cleansing metabolic waste and toxins from the body.
- Another way is to get an adequate amount of sleep every night. Sleep allows your body to restore your energy and to recover from injury or exercise while keeping the brain, digestive, and endocrine systems functioning properly.
- Avoiding smoking is another way to improve your lifestyle through healthy choices. The number of negative health side effects associated with smoking is endless, but a few major side effects are destruction of the lung cells, promotion of heart disease, premature wrinkling, and increased chance for many types of cancer.
- Enrichment – Enriching your life with fun and exciting activities can go a long way to improve your lifestyle. Making simple changes and improvements in your friendships and relationships can make you happier, which in turn, improves your health. Also, immersing yourself into your community can have healing effects on your entire spirit and body.
- One easy way to enrich your life is by turning off the television. Studies have shown that extended television time can lead to obesity and attention deficit disorder because it keeps the family inactive and burns fewer calories. If you take a walk instead of watching television, you can improve the body and mind of your entire family!
At Pelphrey Chiropractic, we work with the patient to establish new lifestyle goals that can be beneficial for that individual. Our goal is to create a plan packed with exercises, activities, and proactive treatments that is designed to help the patient reach their own targets. We tell the patient which exercises and activities could benefit them, as well as which activities they should avoid. We can also provide proactive treatments that modify lifestyle habits to prevent acute problems from developing into more serious chronic conditions. In general, some of the services we provide to influence healthy lifestyle changes include at home exercises and stretches, nutritional counseling, guidance in physical activities, chiropractic adjustments, or massages. Contact our office in Lexington, KY today to see how our lifestyle advice and plans can help you reach your health and lifestyle goals today!